.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 13, 2006

bring back scary 1970's public information films 

Whether it was Jon Pertwee asking everyone to SPLINK, that cat telling kids to stay away from peedos with sweets and puppies, or the one with the well spoken lady on the horsey nearly getting run over by the bloke in the white MG, 1970's public information films had a dark, menacing quality that their modern counterparts just lack.

The scariest were usually something to do with electricity - I remember the one with the kiddies ball that went inside the electricity sub-station - the unsuspecting child goes to get it and is subsequently vapourised by the high voltage electricity. I still have issues with sub stations now, and have to cross the street to avoid them. My sister still has nightmares about the one with the little girl in who flies her kite too close to the high voltage wires, and who had the same orange top as her.

Kids these days just aren't scared enough by the dangers of the modern world, and it didn't do me much long term psychological damage.

1 comments
Comments:
I do agree, However todays PIFS are a hell of a lot scarier!!! Much more graphic, and harder hitting!

I am looking for firework PIFs can you help? Its for school.

I actually like watching old PIFS theyre funny, scary and sad.

Email me on: harrysinbox@hotmail.com
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Benign Dictator - a list of all the things i'd really like to do!