Monday, January 30, 2006
make google censor everything
Its fantastic that a dreadful human rights record and appaling civil liberties don't get in the way of things like trade and finance - after all "To develop well in China, you have to work with the government," said Jenny Wu, analyst at Morgan Stanley.
I think this superb plan should be rolled out across the globe - dictators could be supplied with special computer terminals, where they can see what people are searching for, and redirect them to somewhere else.
As well as patronising you about spelling, google could say things like "did you mean to look for "I love my dictator" searches for "Tiannamen Square Massacre" could trigger nice information pages about the new Olympic beach volleyball site, and searches like "how do i register to vote?" could trigger automatic electrocution via their PC.
2 comments
Comments:
This must be the millionth (slight exaggeration) satire of the Google/censorship debacle. But really, do you imagine China to be some greyscale anti-soviet propaganda reel where the down trodden people suffer voicelessly under the yoke of Chaplinesque dictatorship. Our government censors, but in a more refined way. At least in China its blatant and people can see the joins...
Who said this is satire? I'm really going to do all this stuff when I'm benign dictator.
And I don't understand words like "anti-soviet propaganda" (does this mean China is anti China?) and "Greyscale" (I thought that was something in Photoshop?).
Post a Comment
And I don't understand words like "anti-soviet propaganda" (does this mean China is anti China?) and "Greyscale" (I thought that was something in Photoshop?).

