.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 07, 2005

stop 19 year olds starting their own airlines 

this is ridiculous - a 19 year old acne sufferer has started his own airline. Servicing the massive centres of population that are the Southampton, the Isle of Man and Blackpool Alpha1 airlines is hoping to fly 75,000 people a year. I can't imagine that the entire population of the isle of man are likely to want to fly to Blackpool every year, given that they could go to somewhere (anywhere) else in the world. Plus to actually fly 75,000 people a year in a 19 seat plane would require 10 flights a day, every day of the year.
Best of all this 19 year old is going to fly the planes himself. I would feel nervous getting on a bus if I saw him driving, let alone a plane with such a wonderful safety record.
I want to know who's funding Mr "My age is just a number" (just a very small one) - either he's got very rich parents, or lots of investors left over from the dot com boom are looking for something to spend their cash on.

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Benign Dictator - a list of all the things i'd really like to do!