.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 03, 2005

save St Agnes Place 

currently St Agnes Place - the oldest continously squatted community in London is under threat from bailiffs who are going to evict everyone.

Presumably once evicted the council will then have to re-house everyone they've evicted. Then they're going to pull down all the houses (which are nicely decorated for a change) and replace them with more houses (which they're calling social houses - presumably these are different from anti-social houses).

Given Lambeth's past record of building really ugly houses I assume 'social housing' means made out of concrete.

Evicting people, pulling down their houses, building new houses and then re-housing them seems like a slightly inefficient way of doing things.

Perhaps they could concentrate on all the empty houses in the area, which can be pulled down, rebuilt and pulled down again as often as the council likes without having to go through the nasty buisiness of making people homeless.

2 comments
Comments:
wow thanks for that anonymous - I'm going to make sure that I buy my quality assurance highway construction directly from you from now on!

Although I have to admit - I had a look at your website and it made absolutely no sense whatsoever! but since I'm so excited to get a comment, I'm going to leave it on.
 
Well, we can't have people living happily outside of 'normal' society now can we?

A comment on your comment from anonymous: It seems that some people are not aware of the "no-follow" that Blogger automatically assigns links in comments. Probably for the best considering the appaling state of the website in question!
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Benign Dictator - a list of all the things i'd really like to do!