.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 12, 2005

return the broadsheets to their proper size... 


as yet another broadsheet newspaper bites the dust, I'm left missing the beautiful impracticality of news in its proper format. Apparently the super-shrinking of the Times, Independent and now Guardian are driven by the needs of commuters on tube trains in London (as if anyone else in the UK matters!) to have a practically sized newspaper. If I want practicality, I'll read the news online (either on the BBC, or using Bugmenot to get round all those irritating 'free' resgistrations) - the whole point of having a stupidly large newspaper is so that you can enjoy hiding behind a crisply ironed edition of the Times. What will my butler iron for me now?

1 comments
Comments:
I agree - apart from the fact that these stupid things have a tendency to fall apart completely within minutes of having opened them. In the technologically more advanced (?) Sweden, newspapers are held together with staples in the crease, making reading even the largest broadsheet a breaze. Maybe you could introduce this practice in your empire?
 
Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Benign Dictator - a list of all the things i'd really like to do!