Tuesday, July 12, 2005
Ban useless cowards from driving into London...
Here we are, a few days away from a really very nasty day of bombs and things, and the media,PM,Queen and President are all busy praising the Blitz spirit of Londoners - it really should be the Blitz spirit of the Londoners still prepared to use the tube, walk or get the bus. Unfortunately the car-owning-lazy-coward proportion of the population are now driving to work instead - clogging up the streets with their XXL cars, blocking roads that should be kept clear for the emergency services, and generally making us all look shit.
1 comments
Comments:
I completely agree. It's a shame that I have already heard some motorists using this as an excuse to justify having a car as if polluting the environment is any better for this country's stability.
People are generally horrified to hear that I am all for banning cars in Central London full stop. If I had my way I'd ban all cars and have improved tube, overland trains, buses and allow taxis and goods vehicles. This city would be a much nicer place with less pollution and less congestion.
I was horrified to watch the news the other day to see all the motorists up in arms about having to pay the increased congestion charge, with one saying - 'Why should we drivers be penalised for the traffic, they should build more roads innit?'
Ummmm....Could it be beacuse you are polluting the environment for all the non-motorists and making this city a horrible place?
Pass me my bazuca, I see a 4X4.
Post a Comment
People are generally horrified to hear that I am all for banning cars in Central London full stop. If I had my way I'd ban all cars and have improved tube, overland trains, buses and allow taxis and goods vehicles. This city would be a much nicer place with less pollution and less congestion.
I was horrified to watch the news the other day to see all the motorists up in arms about having to pay the increased congestion charge, with one saying - 'Why should we drivers be penalised for the traffic, they should build more roads innit?'
Ummmm....Could it be beacuse you are polluting the environment for all the non-motorists and making this city a horrible place?
Pass me my bazuca, I see a 4X4.
