.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 13, 2004


ban the bendy bus - I must admit when these first came along I thought they looked cool - European, spacious buses which are easy to get on and off, without the hassle of having to climb down stairs while the driver is either accelerating or braking (it seems buses can only do either of these two things). However having encountered these articulated monsters in traffic, I can see that they're at best impractical, and at worse lethal villains of the road. Even the most skillful of drivers would be hard pressed struggling to get one of these round London's narrow streets - clearly they are designed for wide sweeping European boulevards. Bendy Buses also have the annoying feature of providing complete roadblocks - making negociating pedestrian crossings impossible. Plus they provide less seating, and a less frequent service. What makes the bendy buses even worse is that they somehow make the venerable Routemaster look like an agile vehicle - something that I didn't think was possible. You can read more about the evils of the satanic bendy bus, and protest for the preservation of the Routemaster at this site www.savethe73.com

0 comments
Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Benign Dictator - a list of all the things i'd really like to do!